The next generation of Point
As you may have seen we’re about to launch the next version of Point. This includes an updated Point app to match the experience!
Point is becoming a full home alarm in a single device.
A few days back we published the first public beta release of the iOS app. The Android public beta is a few weeks away.
Here are things to expect and what we are curious to hear your feedback on.
The main navigation is based on a ‘Tab Bar’ menu at the bottom to make it easier and faster for you to navigate the app. The four tabs in the menu are:
This is the overview of your home. It tells who is currently home and who is away and informs you whenever there is an event you should know about. Points
Contains a list of all the Points installed in your home. Each Point in the list brief you about its status and recent sensor data from that room. From here you can dive into details about sensor data or update the details of your Point.Groups
Point connects your home with family, friends and neighbours you trust. Help each other look after the home. Log
Details about the history of your home. A simple way to find events generated by Point. Menu
We kept the left ‘slide in’ menu to jump between homes if you have more than one and to control user settings.
Areas we will cover soon
- Point is becoming a full home alarm and we’re adding controls to turn on and off the alarm. We’re also working on an automatic mode where you leave the controls to Point.
- A daily summary view on the Home screen that will give you a glance at the most recent state of your home.
- Add a ‘friends’ chat group where you can invite your friends and neighbours. Friends can join your home by using the app or by SMS.
- Add a guest to your home that can control the alarm.
- The cards on the main screen will have a tighter connection with the chat groups.
- Easily compare data between different rooms and sensors.
- Insights of your home. Get an overview of the long-term health of your home.
- Better support built into the app
- Better feedback when adding family members and friends to your home.
Dive in and test out the new features! Share feedback, ideas or if something is broken, please let us know. This is the first release and there will be lots of improvements coming.
Point is launching on Kickstarter on November 21. During the first 48 hours will have a limited early bird offer for $69, including a free lifetime subscription!
Hannes and the Minut team